Delivering exceptional customer service is crucial to our success. Whatever your question, comment, query or complaint. We aspire to get it right first time for every customer query, every time.
Our Customer Service team is always available, and we aim to respond to every request within 24 hours or sooner.
To help you, we’ve created a handy guide to customer services, including the numbers you need to call in an emergency, here.
Working in partnership with customer service groups, we have developed several industry leading-initiatives that are transforming the experiences for our customers.
Customer service initiatives include:
- Providing clear and straightforward information on customer quotes
- Improving messaging for customers during power supply faults
- Creating a 24-hour contact number where customers can speak to a manager who can resolve customer issues
- Introducing special support services for vulnerable customers
- Being awarded the Action on Hearing Loss (formerly RNID) 'Louder than Words' deaf accreditation in recognition of the service we provide deaf and hard of hearing customers and staff
What does right first time, every time mean?
We aspire to get it right first time for every customer query, every time. We don’t just say it; we live it. Five core principles guide our actions:
- Taking personal responsibility
- Working with others to find a solution
- Following the problem until the end
- Keeping the customer informed
- Following the Golden Rule - treat customers the way you would like to be treated
Here’s how we can help
Our handy guide to customer services includes everything you need to know about contacting us
- How to contact National Grid
- How to register for priority services
- Power cuts – helpful advice to protect you and your home
- Planned interruptions to your electricity supply
- When we visit your home and arrangements for access to your premises
- Complaints – how to contact us when things have gone wrong
- Our Safety and Security of Supplies Enquiry Service statement
Download, print, save and share the guide here.