Network plans and information
National Grid Electricity Distribution (NGED) has a range of network asset data accessible by third parties through a variety of services. We have produced a brochure to help you understand what is available and which services are appropriate to you.
The NGED DataPortal2 service is an online facility with two main features: a facility to download NGED (formerly WPD) asset data (described in the brochure in the link above) and EMU Online, a new facility giving a web browser based Geographic Information System (GIS) providing easy access to NGED’s asset information and network records. Some key features include:
- Straightforward interface and navigation including basic measuring tools and location;
- Gazetteer by Postcode, street or locality uses OS Open Names, which contains 2.5 million place names, road names, road numbers and postcodes;
- Gazetteer by NGED equipment allows search by NGED named or numbered assets, including Substations, Isolators and Poles / Towers;
- Use of grid references or Eastings/Northings to locate sites;
- Facility to query assets’ attributes e.g. Conductor Type, Operating Voltage, Feeding Substation;
- HV & EHV schematics (and LV in Midlands);
- Print to high quality PDF possible at A4 or A3 Paper Sizes, from 1:50 to 1:1250 scale.
To find out how to register for this facility please see the registration and help guide here.