National Grid Electricity Distribution is the regional electricity distribution division of National Grid.
Formerly known as Western Power Distribution, the UK’s largest electricity distribution network serves nearly 8 million customers in the East and West Midlands, South West and Wales, delivering essential power to millions of homes and businesses across its regions.
With a distribution area of 55,000 square kilometres, its 6,500 colleagues are committed to providing a safe, stable and reliable electricity supply and ensuring the highest quality of customer service.
Delivering outstanding operational performance
National Grid Electricity Distribution’s strategy is to deliver outstanding operational performance for all its customers, meet the needs of its stakeholders and support a sustainable energy future, such as through the roll-out of electric vehicle charging points. It is also one of the best performing network operators in the country, with an excellent track record in safety and reliability, and very high levels of customer satisfaction.
Different name, same service
While our name has changed, the way you contact us and our commitment to customer service remains the same. You can still report a power cut and contact us for all general enquiries using our usual numbers.
At National Grid, our vision is to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future.
We have a responsibility to demonstrate our contribution to society, whether that’s helping the young people of today to become the energy problem-solvers of tomorrow, supporting our customers to use energy more efficiently or tackling climate change by targeting net zero for our own emissions by 2050.
Creating a clean, fair and affordable energy future is what society demands and what we demand of ourselves. It’s the right thing to do for our people and business, our customers and the future of the planet. What could be more important?
- Clean, because we have a critical role to play in tackling climate change, leading the way to net zero
- Fair, because we want to enable the energy transition for all, making sure that no one gets left behind
- Affordable, because everyone should be able to pay for all their essential energy needs
If our vision sets out ‘what’ we want to achieve, our values are the ‘how’. They shape our spirit, attitude and what guides us.
Our values underpin everything we do. They inform our decisions, how we show up and the way we treat each other. They shape our company and how our customers and communities experience us. For when we live our values, we show National Grid at its very best.
Do the right thing
- Stand up for safety every day
- Put our customers first
- Be inclusive, supporting and caring for eachother
- Speak up, challenge and act when something doesn't feel right
Find a better way
- Embrace the power and opportunity of diversity
- Increase efficiency to help with customer affordability
- Work with others to find solutions for customers
- Commit to learning and new ideas
Make it happen
- Take personal ownership for delivering results
- Be bold and act with passion and purpose
- Focus on progress over perfection
- Follow the problem through till the end